I would like to know how a 78xx series linear regulator can be used in a switching application. I have found a circuit that shows such a use, but I have trouble understanding how the circuit oscillates. Additionally, how would one choose the Zener diode?
- Electronic – the advantage of a switching over a linear power supply
- Electronic – Choosing a linear regulator vs. switching regulator for low-power application
- Electrical – Linear regulator using emitter follower and operational amplifier
- Electronic – High voltage linear regulator (with pre-regulator)
- Electronic – What are the disadvantages of using a Zener diode over a linear voltage regulator