this is just a quick and dirty question. I don't understand the purpose of the 1 \$\mu\$F caps in the MAX232 circuit. What do they do, exactly? Can they be skipped? Can they be swapped with 10 \$\mu\$F caps?
- Electronic – Why MAX232 works without any capacitors
- Electronic – arduino – Voltage level too low for MAX232
- Electronic – arduino – Problems with homemade RS232-to-TTL converter board based on TI’s MAX232
- Electronic – RX/TX LED for MAX232
- Electrical – use a MAX232 to communicate between a PIC and a Raspberry Pi
- Electronic – Can a MAX232 IC be used for RS-232C standard