Electronic – From a toggle to an impulsion


I'm trying to make a circuit (with no programmable circuits, only logic gates, flip flops and latches) that outputs a short impulsion each time it's input toggles from 0 to 1. Do you have any idea of how to do so?

Best Answer

Please try to use normal english. I'm guessing "impulsion" is supposed to mean a single pulse?

If so, what you want is officially called a "monostable multivibrator" or more commonly a "one-shot". There are chips that do this directly, using a resistor and capacitor as the timing components to control the length of the resulting pulse. Check out the 74x121 and 74x122, for example.