I want to robotically touch an iPhone screen without any human intervention.
I've done some experiments but have not found a reliable solution. It seems even styluses that work through gloves still rely on the capacitive characteristics of the human body.
- Carrot held by human works
- Carrot held in plastic clamp doesn't
- Pogo Stylus works held by human and held by human through clothes
- Stylus does not work held in plastic clamp.
- Stylus works held in plastic clamp attached to human through clothes via jump lead.
- Stylus held in plastic clamp with jump lead dangling off seems to work most the time.
Is it possible to mimic the human element using capacitors and other components? What signal does the capacitive screen need to be triggered?