I'm wanting to connect my lipo to a computer for use in a remote area. I have to use a lipo and I have an idea but I want to make sure I'm not going to blow anything up.
- Lipo to car cigarette lighter socket
- Car cigarette lighter socket to small dc/ac inverter
- inverter ac outlet to computer
Will this work? Can I be more efficient without cutting wires? Do I need to add a low-voltage alarm?
Also, what if I want to power another device on the same lipo?
** EDIT **
(1) And what computer is using a 12 V AC supply?
(2) Have you calculated your power budget? Use P = V x I.
(3) Then figure out how many watt-hours (Wh) you need.
(4) Then calculate the Wh capacity of the battery.
- I'm powering a 12v Microsoft kinect via an AC/usb adapter.
- Power budget is roughly 6400mAH x 20C (= 128.00A)
- I don't completely understand Wh but I'd like to get at least an hour out of the battery.
- Wh of the LiPo battery is 6400 x 11.1 = 71.04
** EDIT **
I'm finding out that my current Kinect adapter converts the power from AC/DC in the first place so I can skip that by going straight into DC power, the steps of which are mentioned is this battery to kinect adapter tutorial