I recently purchased the photodiode here and I am a bit confused on how to implement it. The reviews are all mixed on what is what, and the voltage for each is different so I am trying to be rather cautious so as to not burn one out. For some reason, it lists the photodiode as being the clear package and the tinted being the ir led, which seems strange to me. I have seen this post as well, and I am not sure of it as well. The diagram shows the cathode going directly to the 5v+, where I am used to putting a resistor before the diode. All I am trying to do is read whether it detects light or not with a microcontroller. How would I wire these? Oh, and the specifications listed on the website are different from those listed on the package. Any help is appreciated.
- Electronic – Resistors with arduino
- Electronic – How to amplify little signal of a photodiode using an OP amp
- Electrical – Broken Photodiode – how to find a replacement
- Electrical – Help with basic transimpedance amplifier circuit
- Electronic – how to use a photodiode to count water drop
- Electronic – Noisy amplification and low light: photodiode and op-amps question