Electronic – PCB surface mount alternative for JST-XH connector


I am having a very hard time finding an answer to this, most likely because it is rather difficult to search for items without knowing the acronyms or names for the connector types.

I have a PCB that contains what I believe to be a JST-XH connector with an accompanying female cable:

enter image description here

What I would like to do is make a new PCB that would contain the female connector so the boards would essentially plug into each other – stacking the boards. My problem is that I am having a very difficult time finding a female PCB surface mount JST (or whatever it is) connector.

Does anyone know if such a thing exists? If not, I see a few alternative options:

  1. Remove the connector on the board and replace it with something like this enter image description here

however removing existing components is typically a tricky business so
this is not ideal..

  1. Connect the two PCBs with standoffs and use ribbon cables between the connectors; or

  2. Strip away the wire housing and treat the wire like a pin to solder to the second board, which is less than ideal and will most likely be unreasonably messy.

Does anyone have any ideas for a scenario like this?

Best Answer

YOu are not likely to find JST makes a female mezzanine connector in either SMT or THT that matches this Board-to-Wire male Jack with offset shroud and interlocks designed for cable for plugs.

just use a THT header socket that fits. enter image description here https://www.digikey.com/products/en?mpart=929974-01-08-RK&v=19