Electronic – Replacing an old capacitor


I've managed to blow a capacitor while doing maintenance on my 1967 electric organ. It's a 80uf 25V. I've done some searching and found that I can replace it with one that has a higher voltage rating but the same farad value. Is there anything else that I need to know before I buy a replacement? I've read some things about ripple current and resistance? The numbers on the capacitor are:
80uf 25V
A 0-507-24

Best Answer

Very likely any 80 µF capacitor you can find today rated at 25 V or more will work fine in this situation. Such a capacitor from 1967 is electrolytic, so already polarized. Replacing it with a 80 µF 35 V, for example, modern capacitor should no result in any problems.