Electronic – the symbol on the supply voltage that looks like a shaded-in capacitor


I am looking at a datasheet for NJM2073 (dual low-voltage power amplifier). On the fourth page, there is a sample circuit; right at the V+ input there is a symbol that looks like a capacitor. However, it looks like it is shaded in. What is that?

Enter image description here

Best Answer

Intercontinental symbols for fixed capacitor from here:

Capacitor Symbols

and from http://www.learnabout-electronics.org:

Capacitor Symbols

and a very old one....

enter image description here