Electronic – this cable/device


I hope I'm on the appropriate site.

Does anyone know what this thing is?

It has a mini mono plug.
The white square is slippery..but it is not covering double-sided tape.
A white LED did not light up when I plugged it into a mic input on my PC.
I thought there were little holes and it might be a mic but they are small indentations, not holes.


enter image description here

enter image description here

Best Answer

That's an infrared transmitter for extenders or control systems. That plastic chunk with the IR LED gets glued on a device like TV or Blu-Ray player so that it shines on the device's IR receiver.