Electronic – a momentary SPST Push Button Switch


I want to buy a switch (push button) where you press it to break the circuit and then press again to connect the circuit.

I believe that this is what I'm looking for:


However, I'm not entirely sure. I only want to use this for a basic circuit, and I mean really basic, so don't worry about anything there.

Best Answer

SPST NO (Normally Open) Momentary switch is exactly what is inside a computer keyboard - press for on, let go for off.

It sounds like you are looking for a Latching switch (works like a ballpoint pen) instead of Momentary.

If you can only find one with more poles or features (DPDT) it'll do the job - just ignore the extra features.

A brief look shows this from the same seller, I suspect he has others...