I think close to everyone knows over-discharge of Lithium ion cells is bad news, creating fire and chemical burn hazards.
I accidentally over-discharged two Lithium Ion cells.
What I would like to know is whether that should be the end of their recycled lives, or whether there is a margin of safety I can rely upon to keep.
I had a 2-cell (in series) unprotected 18650 lithium ion 2000 mAh capacity pack hooked up to some led lights running 2 A last night. I forgot about the need to avoid over-discharge. So I guess the batteries discharged in about an hour and have been sitting with the lights out but batteries connected for 15 hours.
After disconnecting the batteries from the lights, the voltage in the cells measured with a multi meter is 0.65 V these batteries are supposed to be kept at least 2.7 volts.
Is recycling my only good option?
Any hope in restoring these cells?