In the following circuit, my understanding is that when there is a spike or rise in the data line higher than Vcc, the top diode conducts and the voltage flows into the path to protect the downstream IC/circuitry.
- Electronic – Selecting a TVS for ESD protection
- Electrical – How to protect IC for VCC surge
- Electronic – Signal TVS vs Power TVS
- Electronic – Practical ESD protection without latchup
- Electronic – evaluating ESD protection for 3.3V i2c
- Electronic – Is the ESD and overvoltage protection for the ADC circuit sufficient