Please tell me how do MCUs handle decimal numbers like '23.3', '3.24' etc? How is it stored in a memory register? I know that I have to use float data type when handling these numbers while programming. But actually what is happening inside an MCU while handling these types. Also tell me how do MCUs without FPU unit handle Float datatype.
- Best way to pass floating-point numbers to DDR – Zedboard
- Electronic – How do MCUs and RAM wire up for programmatic access
- Electronic – Microcontroller memory write cycles
- Electronic – Normalized and denormalized floating point numbers
- Electrical – The decimal value 0.5 in IEEE single precision floating point representation