I have an old camera which Im tinkering with and when I opened it up I found that the battery (liPo) is puffy. As I dont have a spare I can't replace it and Im beginning to doubt myself that its safe to just put a wire there instead. I will be plugging it in to a 5v usb.
TL;DR: Can I put a wire in place of a battery?
Edit: It has a built in 5v usb port, which is what I intend on using to power the device. I would like to know a safe way of removing the battery, so that it will only be powered when plugged in.