I'd like to hook up an LED to a cell phone's headphone jack. When there's audio, turn on LED, when there isn't, turn it off. Is the best way to go about this just using a npn transistor? Any links to a complete circuit? I know I probably will have to supply external power using 5v.
- Driving one LED from audio signal only with pnp transistor
- Electronic – Using a 1.5V battery to increase the voltage from a headphone jack so it can switch a transistor at lower volumes
- Turn on/off led via headphone jack in iPhone
- Electrical – Regulating LED brightness using headphone output
- Electronic – Light up an LED with an NPN transistor in active low
- Electronic – How to add red led light to the white led lights