If I am running a 40A 12v power supply at approximately 32A, and a large quantity of water splashes onto it, what physical effects will occur in a worst case scenario. I'm sure I can expect short circuits within the PSU and for my fuse to blow. Will any sparking occur? If so, could they make it out of the PSU case? And could they persist for long periods or would the power stop flowing upon the first spark?
For the purposes of this question assume hard water with electrically conductive contaminants. Assume further that the PSU is hooked up to a power switch with a 45A fuse hooked up to a 110v / 15A outlet.
For clarification: This did not actually occur. I've just been playing around with a PSU doing some experiments and the question occurred to me when my daughter walked into the room with a cup of water.