I am trying to assign an IP address to Interface g0/0 on a Cisco 892FSP. However, it keeps telling me that a layer two interface cannot be assigned an IP address. Any ideas?
Cisco – Cannot put an IP address on layer two interface
- Cisco – AP does not have assigned IP address by DHCP
- Cisco – Connect a D-Link switch to a Cisco switch: the D-Link switch works fine without any interface configuration on Cisco switch
- Cisco: Two interfaces on one network
- Cisco – Oxidized Unable to Pull Cisco ASA Config
- Router – Assign DHCP IP address on Cisco router interface
Please provide your sanitized configuration. Probably you're trying to assign IP address on Layer-2 interface (which is part of switch-module) and that is not allowed. If you want to allow some traffic from switchport to be routed, you need to create VLAN (or use default VLAN 1) and assign IP address on VLAN interface.
Assign VLAN to interface
Create L3 interface and assign IP address to it