I want to know if there is a rough any ready way of calculating the capacitance required to decouple the power supply used in an amplifier. (Rough and ready because I'll be adding 30% to the value anyway!)
1) Does this depend on the type of amplifier used (in my case, common emitter stage going into an AB pushpull)?
2) Does this depend on the signal to be amplified, (in my case just a simple sinewave).
3) How is this linked to the power rating of the amplifier (in my case only a few watts.)
4) Does the voltage effect it? (apart from the voltage rating of the cap being high enough for the supply! (in my case 25v))
5) Does the frequency effect this, (in my case 50kHz to 5MHz)
In short, what steps/calculations should I make to calculate the values of the bypass caps needed to decouple the supply and prevent distortion due to supply ripple voltage?