Electronic – names for SMT ribbon cable socket types


whats the name of the type of ribbon cable socket used in laptops? or what would I look under to find them on a site like farnell?

Its some thing like a D-Sub connect to system, except the plug is actually moulded onto the cabling at 90 degrees to it and the plug and socket are very low profile.
It is the connector on the left in the below pic


Best Answer

You say it's molded, but usually it will be soldered, just like any other PCB. Hirose lists some of these board-to-board connectors.
JST also makes low-profile board-to-board connectors.