I've made a circuit with 74HC109 JK flip flops. The purpose is to catch a pulse from two signals and for about 20 seconds keep the stored value (of which pulse came first). My problem is I need to reset the circuit, both at power up and later on. Unfortunately I don't know how to pull the /CLR lines without wrecking the /Q lines outputs. Grounding them when they are high, I suppose would cause the to draw a lot of current? Is it possible to solve by make a open collector coupling between the /Q and /CLR?
- Electrical – Reset circuit for D-flip flop
- Electronic – history of edge-triggered D flip-flop design using three S-R latches
- Electrical – How many flip-flops are required for the implementation of this Mealy diagram
- Electrical – Preset and Clear in SR Flip Flop
- Electronic – Is this a good design for a 0…7 counter
- Electronic – Flip-flop feedback timing problem