Electronic – this trapezoidal logic gate


What is this thing called? how does it work?
I've tried googling so much, even pasted the image in the google search box haha

unknown gate

Its used here on the MSP430:

enter image description here

Best Answer

It's a multiplexer. When the input on the side has a specific value, the input corresponding to that value is propagated to the output. It's not a single gate per se but rather is composed of several gates that implement the function.