Electronic – What’s the name of this PCIE power connector


I have a standard computer power supply unit pci-e power 8 pin connector like this one:

pcie connector
(source: playtool.com)

I want to power my own PCB via a connector like this and I am having trouble find the name of the pcb socket housing for it. I have gotten to the point where I think that it is a molex mini-fit, dual row, but I can't find anything that would have a matching square/round pin configuration.

What is the name of the socket for this connector and where can I buy one?


The similar but incompatible connector I was finding is called EPS. Here is a nice page showing various PC connector types and their names

Molex 45558-0003 is the equivalent 6 pin version. Need to find the 8 pin sku.

Other names I have found: 8-pin PCI Express auxiliary power. The only place I found where you can buy one is http://www.moddiy.com/products/8%252dPin-Graphics-Card-PCIe-Male-Header-Connector-%252d-90%25-Angled-%252d-Black.html

Best Answer

Molex Mini-Fit family is probably similar to what you're looking for: http://www.molex.com/molex/products/group?channel=products&key=minifit_products

Many distributors are selling these. In Europe, you can try TME: http://www.tme.pl/