I'd like to do some hobbyist soldering at home, and would like to make sure I don't poison those living with me (especially small children). Lead-free seems necessary – what other features should I look for in solder? Are the different types of solder roughly the same in terms of safety (breathing the fumes, vapor fallout, etc.)? Is there more I should do to keep the place clean besides having a filter fan and wiping down the work surface when finished?
- Electronic – Hobbyist Leaded Solder
- Electronic – What lead-free solder type is convenient to use for hand-soldering
- Electronic – Which flux type to use for SMD hobbyist (home-made) PCB
- Electrical – the best type of solder for strength and creep resistance
- Electronic – What mad solder type is used for BGA
- Electronic – What type of solder to use with unregulated 25W soldering iron